Proper use of a Water Softener is only possible if it is installed and maintained in the right way. So, you have invested your time and effort in choosing the Water Softener. You have to give the same effort for the setup and maintenance too. We will cover both these key elements, in this single post.
Water Softener is a piece of equipment which does the task of softening the hard water. Minerals including calcium and magnesium are the ones responsible for hard water. Softener simply replaces both these elements with the sodium ions. This makes the soft water saltier than the hard water.
Tips for Water Softener Installation and Maintenance
You can either get a new softener or rent a used one. The renting option may seem feasible to you, but in the long run, it will cost you a lot with high maintenance charges. So, we will suggest buying a new Water Softener for home.
We assume that you have bought your new softener, and are all set to install it. There are many factors which need to be considered before starting the setup procedure.
If you already had a softener at home, then choose the same location for installation. Whereas, if you are new to the softeners then read on the Installation tips given below.
Water Softener Installation Tips
For a new installation, you need to choose a location first. The location must be near to the plumbing area. Some of the preferred places are the garage, basement area, utility rooms. If you have got a water heater, then install the softener near to the heater.
Make sure the location is not congested so that you can easily service the unit whenever needed.
Also, the location must have an adequate temperature; it should not be freezing as well as too scorching.
Avoid installing the water softeners outdoors. This can damage the softener badly.
Coming to the external hook-ups, you will require one drain floor or any similar utility which can work like the sink. Along with this, there must be one electrical receptacle – the one not dependent on the switch.
After this, check on all the tools you have got for installation. Do a check if you missed on anything.
Take the instruction manual, and begin with the setup. You will also find many service helpline numbers too, which can come to your help in case of any queries or complication. So get all the numbers noted way before you start your installation.
Having a helping hand is beneficial while you are up with large systems like the softeners. Call out your best buddy or a companion to help you out.
Water Softener Maintenance
It is a fact that water softener is low on maintenance. You don’t have to invest much for maintaining this system since it does not require it! They are heavy built, and with regular maintenance you won’t face many issues with the unit either.
Note down the following points, and follow them for maintaining the Water Softener in the best way.
- It is important to opt for a good quality Salt for regeneration. You may get attracted to the rock salt as it is cheaply available. But after certain usage time, it leaves out a lot of sediments on the brine tank’s surface. Thus less amount of salt dissolves in the brine tank, which makes the resin beads inactive. This will eventually affect the functioning of the overall unit. So choose the Salt wisely!
- Go for the purest form of the salt, which will leave less residue on the surface.
- Only considerable amount of salt is to be added inside the softener. If your salt tank is still half filled, then you don’t have to add salt in this case. So, wait till the maximum amount of the solution is used up, and do not add salt for more than 2/3rd of the container.
- Another equally important component which requires being checked – Rust condition.
- Carry out the cleaning of the brine tank, at least once in a year.
- The final thing to check is the drain line. If you have got any confusion with this component, then contact a professional for setup. It is important as any other processing section, so you don’t take it a light issue.
That’s all with the maintenance and care of a Water Softener. If you find it difficult then, you can hire some expert for getting the task done. Get every point checked, and reviewed by the hired professional.
Were these Tips for Water Softener Installation and Maintenance informative enough? Let us know your thoughts and suggestions in the comment space. Find more similar content on Cultura Africa, and do a follow for receiving all the post updates.
Your favorite Latte can now be prepared at home. If you are a Coffee-Latte lover, then you must have thought of making it by yourself at some point.
Visiting Cafes and spending time with your friends is indeed fulfilling. But when you wish to spend some me-time and have a cup of Latte by your side, is yet another experience. This is now possible if you know how to make a perfect Latte and that too without an Espresso Machine.
This may sound deceiving at first, but it is a tested and proven method!
How To Make a Latte at Home Without an Espresso Machine
There are a variety of coffee drinks available, which includes Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Mocha, and others. Almost all of them are prepared on an Espresso Machine, which gives it an authentic taste and flavor.
But it is important to know the major difference between all of them. Let’s find them out.
- Latte– In this drink, a 1/3rd portion is filled with Espresso. This is topped with 2/3 portion of steamed milk. It is finally presented to you with a spoonful of milk foam floating on the drink.
- Americano– This includes Espresso and hot water. First Espresso is brewed, and then just add some hot water. Your Americano shot is ready!
- Cappuccino– It is very close to the Latte, but the only difference lies in the milk and foam ratio. In this, equal portions of steamed milk and milk foam are added. Rest remains the same.
- Mocha– It can be termed as the Choco variant of Latte. This is just similar to Latte preparation with an addition of Chocolate syrup. Chocolate and Coffee in one drink!
- Macchiato– This is a unique type, considering all the above ones. It consists of Espresso drink along with Milk foam on the top. As it makes use of little milk, it is termed as a ‘stained coffee’ since the foam looks just like a stain on the espresso.
Beginning with the Latte without Espresso unit
In case you don’t have an Espresso machine, you will be required to use a French Press or Aeropress method for brewing. You can’t simply avoid all the units, and get started with the preparation.
- The basic one, Espresso coffee or any strongly brewed coffee from Aeropress.
- Some milk; with less or no fat.
- Cocoa powder for garnishing
Now, the tools needed for the making:
- One Jar with a Lid, Microwave-friendly is preferable
- Bit large Coffee Mug
- One large spoon
Procedure to Make a Latte Without an Espresso Machine:
- First, you need to prepare an Espresso drink. This can be any strongly brewed coffee from your Aeropress, or even the Nespresso will do this job. Make sure that the milk is not diluted with water here. If you are considering proportions, then taking 1/3rd of the cup for Espresso is considered the standard one. Well, this can vary from one person to another.
- The second step is to create a froth in the milk. Take the Jar, and fill the milk into it not more than half of the size. Place the lid, and tighten it up nicely. Shake the jar, till the milk get frothy and almost covers up the other half of the container. It should be performed only for a max of 1 minute.
- Open up the jar, and place it in the microwave without the lid on. Microwave the milk for just 30 seconds. You will find the froth has reached on the top portion of the jar, and the heat of the oven will do the job of strengthening the milk.
- Take out the warm milk from the microwave oven, and pour it as it is on the top of the Espresso coffee. During this time, make use of a spoon and keep a hold on the milk foam present in Espresso cup. Pour the complete steamed milk into the large Coffee Mug.
- The final step deals with the milk foam. You can add as much foam that you wish into the Latte. Note one point that, if you increase the proportion by a certain limit then it will turn into a Cappuccino! A simple layer of milk foam will do the job.
This is the among the easiest ways in which you can prepare a Latte without an Espresso. Comment down your opinion about this method. Share the post, if you found it relevant and worthy. Follow Cultura Africa for regular feeds!
Music and dance performances. Namibian legend told by the sounds of drums, djembe, Akadinga (finger piano) and other African instruments.
Number of participants: 5
Duration: about 40 minutes.
The offense and stingy Mbintangolo
Namibia tale of how evil Mbintangola eventually his own greed punished.
For children 3 to 6 years.
Number of participants: 3
Length of program: about 40 minutes
Namibian wedding ritual music and dance of administration graduate course in African dance led by Pennejambeko Daniels and Lenka jisova.
Number of participants: 10
Length of program: 45 minutes
Cultura Africa hosts the African artist Maurice Yeka in the Czech Republic.
Maurice Yeka is a professional dancer, choreographer and visual artist originally from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He currently lives and works in Uganda.
In his artistic works illustrates the painful history of his country, its people living their everyday lives and emotions based on separation from his home.
We will organize Maurice:
- Workshops African traditional and modern dance
- multicultural lecture on “The meaning and roots of African dance and African dancer’s life”
- a dance performance entitled “How to Dance Saved My Life”
- art symposium
Lectures and dance performances are conceived as a multicultural workshops suitable for primary and secondary schools and other educational institutions. Include dance Introduction (5 minutes), lecture What is hidden in the roots of dance and African dance (30 min), dance performance (30 min) and a final discussion (20 min).
Dance workshops are open to all dancers who want to enrich their repertoire of motion East African dance elements.
Dance performances are suitable for theaters, festivals, social events, etc.
Maurice is an international dancer, choreographer and teacher of African contemporary and traditional dance. It focuses on understanding the inner movement from the perspective of diverse traditions of their country and culture.
Maurice was born in 1981 in Bunia in the former Zaire (now Congo). Dancer path already began as a youngster in your modern dance group in Congo (Congolese ensemble of modern dance), with whom he performed throughout the country. He was one of the best dancers and choreographers in this group. Talent Maurice also helped develop Linyenkula Faustin, director and choreographer of Kabako Studio in the capital Kinshasa.
After high school graduation in Bunia Maurice was forced, due to a conflict that shook the country, fleeing to the neighboring country of Uganda. There is also devoted to dance, and in addition are studied Fine Art at Makerere University in Kampala. Dance also studied with renowned dancer Reginald Kambale, artistic director of the dance group Ngoma, which was the first dance company to which Uganda joined.
As a teacher of dance and art Maurice traveled through the countries of East Africa. Workshops were held led by professional dancers, artists, but also for example for street children.
In 1999 Maurice founded the dance troupe Dance Makaramba, which consists of dancers and poets. The performance of the group is a fascinating mixture of dance and movement theater sometimes bordering avantgarde.
Maurice continues to explore and develop their artistic style. Inspiration from the painful history of their country and their countrymen and emotions stemming from life outside his home. Mauricova lifelong love for dance, music and African culture has a great influence on his artistic expression. Maurice has a great gift of dance to teach and pass on.